Published 23rd April 2018
Moving towards an Integrated Care System
Health and care services in England are facing unprecedented financial and service pressures at a time of rising demand, requiring local health leaders to look at new ways of delivering services. Like most other areas of the UK, Bexley is working to develop an Integrated Care System (ICS) to respond to this pressure. In an ICS, the organisations that commission and deliver services for health, care and wellbeing come together to discuss and agree how best to provide all health and social care to meet the needs of a given population. Bexley’s ICS will govern how these outcomes are decided, funded, delivered, and regulated.
Local Care Networks
Local Care Networks (LCNs) are our model of care, and in each LCN the health and care professionals delivering services will work together so that patients have a better experience of care. The borough of Bexley is split into three LCNs, which are North Bexley (including Thamesmead, Erith, Slade Green and Crayford), Clocktower (including Bexleyheath, Welling and Falconwood), and Frognal (including Sidcup, Blackfen, Old Bexley and Foots Cray).
Bexley Localities Ward Boundaries
The objective of LCN’s is to improve the health and wellbeing of Bexley residents across the whole life course – from ‘cradle to grave’. This will be achieved by:
- delivering effective integrated health, social care and wider services that best meet the needs of Bexley’s population by adopting a ‘place-based’ approach to health and care
- developing person-centred care services driven by improved outcomes and experience
- integrating services where it benefits the patient to do so
- shifting care to more appropriate settings, including in the community and in the home where possible
- improving the emphasis on the prevention of ill health and promotion of health and wellbeing
- narrowing the inequalities gap in health outcomes between the most affluent and most deprived communities in Bexley
- contributing to the wider growth and sustainability of a vibrant, thriving Bexley community including employment, housing, education and economic growth